How lovely that it’s the most magical time of year again. A time when I constantly have at least 20 tabs open on safari manically shopping for my loved ones. I do love a good wander through the shops this time of year (see pics below of Fortnum and Mason) – but with my schedule this month it’s been difficult to get to the stores. So I’ve been scouring the internet this year for special gifts. And I’ll admit, I do love a little couch shopping. With the present deadline looming, here are the 7 gifts the traveler on your list (or you!) will love.
- Away carry-on. I recently purchased an Away carry-on from one of their stores in San Francisco. I’m very happy with the bag and am especially impressed with the wheels. They glide through airports magically quite possibly trailing fairy dust. Can you tell I’m taken with the bag? Plus, the company is fresh and cool and founded by women. Plus the color combinations are fun. Plus it has a charger for your dying iPhone. Plus you can buy packing bags that are color coordinated and are designed to fit in the carry-on (however these are still my fav packing bags).
- Bamford Essential Oil blends. This pack is perfect for travelers. They are mixed for different purposes read: the different stages of traveling. The calming oil blend is my favorite, I always put it on when I get on the plane. Bamford is a UK brand that is an offshoot of Daylesford – an ahead of it’s time organic farm to table store and restaurant. All ingredients are 100% organic and blended with yoga masters.
- One Love Organics Skin Savior. I struggle with dry skin… like big time. And it gets even worse when I travel because of all the drying elements in airplanes and because of the stress involved with travel. This is one amazing solution I’ve found for arriving with glowing skin. It’s a balm that can be used anywhere but I love it for my face and hands. You can even use it as a super nourishing make-up remover or to turn mineral powder into a glow-inducing foundation. With an antioxidant-rich blend of organic coconut oil, mango butter, jojoba and chia it’s good for you and will work wonders.
- Cuyana travel case set. I was over at my super chic bff’s house when this travel set arrived in the mail. As she opened the box she said “I’ve decided I want to elevate my travel gear.” I couldn’t agree more. I instantly wanted the set for myself. It is so beautiful, sophisticated, and well designed. Plus, you can get it embossed. They also have a beautiful men’s toiletry case.
- White + Warren travel wrap. This will forever be on any gift list I compose. I have owned (and constantly) traveled with this scarf for four years so I can confidently vouch for how beautifully this has held up. Still no pills! It is perfect as a warp, a scarf, a blanket (on the plane), any way you want to wear it. It is beautiful, soft and will elevate any outfit. Get one now!
- Muji neck cushion. The cotton that Muji uses is a cotton-jersey which is soft and cool on your skin. This is a mini bean bag for your pillow travel needs. I love this neck cushion and often travel with it. They also have coordinating eye masks if that fits your fancy. I also love their travel packing bags.
- Jo Malone travel candle. The ultimate luxury in travel – a beautiful travel candle for relaxing in your hotel room. I love Jo Malone – how beautiful is the packaging?, How lovely are the scents? You can also get coordinating travel scents which is a great way to remember trips. I use a different perfume for different locations so that I have a sense (scent) memory of that trip.
Happy Holidays and happy gift giving!