I went to Amsterdam for a long weekend in early April. It. Was. Cold. Chill to your bone cold – damp and rainy. So I was constantly wrapped up. The rain did get a little annoying, but I sometimes prefer touring a city when it’s colder and the cold suits Amsterdam.
Here’s what I packed:
TOPS: Boiled wool grey turtleneck, a cashmere sweater, Black V-Neck Sweater, long sleeve layering pieces
BOTTOMS: My favorite jeans
OUTERWEAR: UniQlo puffer coat, Burberry Cashmere coat, 2 scarves (one big, one small), Rabbit fur headband, Cashmere Hat, gloves
SHOES: Boots, Adidas Sneakers
BAGS: Cross body Givenchy, Travel Tote bag (Louis Vuitton)
What I wish I would have packed:
All weather boots and a proper winter coat (either wool or a parka, really a parka)
Apart from the amazing museums in Amsterdam, here’s my don’t miss list:
- Drinks at The Hoxton
- Fries at Manneken Pis
- Breakfast at Buffet van Odette
- Restaurant Brix for dinner
- De Kaaskamer cheese shop
- Wynand Fockink – a very old and traditional liqueur bar
- Keukenhof Flower show (if it’s the right time of year)
- Westerstraat Number 54 – there are tiny, tiny houses in between numbers 54 and 70 to make up for the discrepancy in the housing numbers. So adorable and fun.
Why not save for later?
Leave a Reply