I went to Amsterdam for a long weekend in early April. It. Was. Cold. Chill to your bone cold – damp and rainy. So I was constantly wrapped up. The rain did get a little annoying, but I sometimes prefer touring a city when it’s colder and the cold suits Amsterdam.
Here’s what I packed:
TOPS: Boiled wool grey turtleneck, a cashmere sweater, Black V-Neck Sweater, long sleeve layering pieces
BOTTOMS: My favorite jeans
OUTERWEAR: UniQlo puffer coat, Burberry Cashmere coat, 2 scarves (one big, one small), Rabbit fur headband, Cashmere Hat, gloves
SHOES: Boots, Adidas Sneakers
BAGS: Cross body Givenchy, Travel Tote bag (Louis Vuitton)
What I wish I would have packed:
All weather boots and a proper winter coat (either wool or a parka, really a parka)
Apart from the amazing museums in Amsterdam, here’s my don’t miss list:
- Drinks at The Hoxton
- Fries at Manneken Pis
- Breakfast at Buffet van Odette
- Restaurant Brix for dinner
- De Kaaskamer cheese shop
- Wynand Fockink – a very old and traditional liqueur bar
- Keukenhof Flower show (if it’s the right time of year)
- Westerstraat Number 54 – there are tiny, tiny houses in between numbers 54 and 70 to make up for the discrepancy in the housing numbers. So adorable and fun.
Why not save for later?