The airport outfit used to be problematic for me. I always want to look good. The trick is also being comfortable and warm, I always find airports and airplanes to be a little too cold for me. For the past three years the overwhelming majority of flights I’ve taken have been about 10 hours in duration, sometimes a little less, sometimes a little more, but usually 10 hours. As a result I have honed in on what to wear to travel to be stylish, warm and comfortable.
I make only slight adjustments to my go to look for the climate of the landing location. Here are my rules for airport outfits:
- Never wear sandals (the exception to this rule is hot to hot climate travel paired with a short flight).
- Always, always wear layers.
- Always, always have a scarf with you. Yes, even for those hot climate to hot climate flights.
- Keep a Uni Qlo puffer in your carry on. I can’t tell you how many times I didn’t think I would need it and ended up wishing for it. Learn from my mistakes.
- Don’t wear anything that’s not yet been worn a couple of times. Even t-shirts, you never know if there will be a tag that bothers you that you didn’t notice in the changing room.
Here is my go to airport outfit:
These pants are comfortable, flattering and look good. They look great with sneakers or sandals, I’m a fan.
This t-shirt is very soft and washes well. It’s slim fitting but not too tight and also not too loose, just right if you will.
Full disclosure – this is not the actual cardigan that I wear. I got mine at Harvey Nichols in London and it’s by a brand called Duffy. It’s lovely but I can’t find it online for you – this is almost identical and serves the same purpose. This particular line (Aqua) does a variety of this silhouette, which is quite nice.
This is a can’t-live-without piece. Yes, it’s spend-y, but it’s not a purchase you will regret. It’s a scarf, it’s a blanket, it’s a wrap, it’s your best friend. I have been traveling (and wearing) this piece for at least a year and I have no complaints. It doesn’t even pill!!! I’m planning on getting another one.
I have basically thrown out all my other bras and only wear this brand at the moment. It is comfortable and stays in place. Plus they are damn sexy… no brainer.
I love these sneakers. They are so comfortable and cool. I can slip them on and off without untying them – so easy.
Leave a Reply